Riskboss Alert – The Fast & The Furious ….. Not the Movie ….
Riskboss™ (www.riskboss.com) often receives alerts from the police services, government authorities and other agencies that may be of interest to residential condominium property managers and boards of directors. Riskboss offers periodic alerts to institutions, organizations, commercial and condominium property managers and board members to assist in identifying risk to the communities and to provide solutions to mitigate that risk. Riskboss hopes the following information assists you. Please feel free to distribute this document to other property managers and community based associations that may benefit from the content. Please contact us any time with any issue that you may want researched regarding crime, disorder and risk.
Bicycles thieves are experts and are incredibly fast at condominium site entry, optimum bicycle selection and removal and fleeing from the condominium site. This leaves victims of these crimes absolutely furious and for not only about the hassle of reporting to police and insurance but also the stigmatization that transcends throughout the entire condominium community. As reported in the spring each year in our Riskboss Alerts, contrary to popular belief that bike thefts occur in the early morning hours while most people are sleeping, statistics surprisingly prove that 6pm is the peak time for such thefts.
Bicycle thieves enter the underground parking garages of residential condominiums where they are able get away with bicycles in seconds. If you see individuals on your property or if you witness a crime in progress, please contact police right away. Residents are reminded that safety comes first so if you see bicycle bandits do not try to intervene or engage – call 911.
Riskboss recommends the following precautions in preventing trespassing into your property
- When entering underground garages, please take a few moments to confirm the door closes behind you
- Be aware of any suspicious activity in the underground garage and report it immediately to security
- Do not open doors for anyone who you do not recognize as living in the building
- Register your bicycle’s serial number with concierge and Toronto Police http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/bike/
- Confirm you have adequate home insurance that will cover you in the event of a loss
- Use durable high-quality locks for your bicycles
- Always report crimes in progress to 911 immediately
Contact our sister company Riskboss at email@example.com for more information.